How the city hurts your brain

I’ve promised to dedicate more space for any kind of health issues, mental or physical, so here I am again.
This time I will just include a recent article which caught my eyes and I found it very interesting to share.
Just a bit of intro to see if catches yours as well:

“Now scientists have begun to examine how the city affects the brain, and the results are chastening. Just being in an urban environment, they have found, impairs our basic mental processes. After spending a few minutes on a crowded city street, the brain is less able to hold things in memory, and suffers from reduced self-control. While it's long been recognized that city life is exhausting -- that's why Picasso left Paris -- this new research suggests that cities actually dull our thinking, sometimes dramatically so.” Continue …

No comments:

Post a Comment